Youthful Savings Marketplace is a hub for businesses owned and operated by youth. Everything listed for sale on the marketplace must be a high-quality service or item.
High-Quality Products are goods, services, or ideas such as intellectual property. Products can be tangible or intangible and can also be classified by use, by brand, or by other classifications as well.
Homemade goods and items can be sold directly from home while following the laws of food safety and quality. Make sure you take a look at your state’s Cottage Food Laws. Here are some major rules and thoughts you should follow with integrity as you represent us and your business.
• You must have proper storage for all food, cold and dry.
• No pets in your kitchen.
• Maintaining a clean workspace and hygiene helps with convincing your customers that your products are safe and of good quality.
• Think about your customers’ health. Depending on the food or item product, how will you ensure that the product gets to the customer safely and in a fresh, edible condition? Will your product melt or spoil if you ship to a hot climate, like Texas?
• Why would someone choose to buy your product online, rather than getting it at a supermarket or a beauty store? You should have a clear response to that question.
A Service typically means helping or doing work for someone. It can be tangible, such as a cleaning service, or intangible, such as a website development service. Keep in mind your safety and quality of work when doing an in-person or online service. Follow the internet copyright/trademark laws.
At Youthful Savings Marketplace, we urge our vendors to have lucidity. Lucidity implies that you genuinely and precisely represent yourself, your products, and your business.
By selling on the Youthful Savings Marketplace, you agree to the following:
1. Present honest and accurate information in your products and services’ description.
3. Respect our commission and earning percentages by only keeping 82% of your earnings while 18% goes back to the company.
4. Our house rules.
5. No scamming, price gouging, or anything that puts our reputation at stake.
6. You must ship your product out in 48 hours unless you notify your customers otherwise. The shipping time cannot be longer than 7 days after receiving the commission.
As a Youthful Savings Marketplace vendor, you get 82% of every sale. However, as this marketplace is free of charge, we keep 18% of your sales in order to help other promising young entrepreneurs succeed as well.
When you sell items using our marketplace, you may receive and manage certain personal data, for example, when speaking with clients and going into exchanges with them. This implies that you are accountable for keeping their personal data safe such as customer name, email address, and delivery address. To a certain degree, under US law, you are an autonomous regulator of information doing business with different clients that you may have acquired through the marketplace.
You can use Slack direct messages to communicate directly with your buyers or other Youthful Savings marketplace members. Slack is a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
“My vision is for this to be an international marketplace where everyone belongs and has an equal chance for economic empowerment. That’s why we created this marketplace.” – Somya R. Munjal
As it says in her quote, this is a place where race, ethnicity, gender and creed do not matter. Everyone has an equal chance. What you do with that chance is up to you.
Harassing or abusing another member or purchaser, or violating our rules and policies in place is subject to slack removal and a marketplace permanent ban. If you have experienced or saw someone violating our rules and policies, please report right away as this is a serious matter.
Youth may still be growing and maturing mentally, however, you should know right from wrong.
As a vendor in our marketplace, we expect you to provide stunning customer service, meaning that every action must be done with good quality and sense.
We expect you to be honest with your shipping times, have good communication with the customer, honor your promises and your word. Settle issues with your customer properly. If any issue cannot be solved, do not be afraid to speak up to the administrators of the Youthful Savings Marketplace on Slack (#YSM-support channel). Maintaining trust with your customers is key to providing stunning customer service.
Youthful Savings Marketplace is committed to 100% customer satisfaction! If you are unsatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase within 30 days of the ship date – with original packaging.
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the seller as well with your order number to receive return authorization. Buyer is responsible for return shipping fees and may ship back the item using the carrier of their choice.
2. We do not accept any return after 30 days from ship date.
3. If you believe your package was damaged during shipping, we require that you contact us within 5 days of delivery, and we will work with you to resolve the issue.
4. To cancel an order, please contact the Youthful Savings Marketplace as soon as possible. If the order has not yet been shipped, we will immediately refund your payment. If your order has been shipped, we will refund your payment as soon as the vendor receives the item(s) back from you.
5. All refund recipients will receive confirmation from both the vendor and us for their records.
As this is an entity of Youthful Savings, you must uphold our reputation for greatness. As we grow, the public will see what your business does, how you maintain/grow your business, and more. Following our house rules, policies are the best way to keep a good reputation so that your business keeps running.
Reviews are a great way to grow your customers. Studies show that 84% of people trust online reviews and 91% of people read reviews.
Reviews should be honest, real, and contain information that positively or negatively represents your experience. However, you still should follow rules of communication that respect the seller and the customer as human beings.
As this is an e-commerce marketplace, every vendor should have access to the internet. However, if you do not, we recommend holding off from creating an online business that requires you to be active enough to manage and ship your products in order not to make promises you cannot keep or sales you cannot attend to.
As you have to ship every item, you should know how to pack, create shipping labels, and more. If you need help, the internet is full of resources, even your local post office. On Slack, in the #youthfulsavingsmarketplace channel, there are always resources being shared among vendors.
Always be honest and transparent when selling a product, giving updates, shipping, and more.
Created and Edited By: Abdulaziz Abdulrub